Knowledge Base

Article ID: 1323 - Last Modified:

I can't change the formal charge on an atom. What can I do?

If structures have the wrong atom types, it might not be possible to change the formal charge on the atoms. You can consider changing a bond order to force retyping of the local atoms, and then you may be able to fix the structure. You can reassign the atom types manually in the Atom Properties tab of the Build panel. To force global atom retyping, you can include another entry in the Workspace and exclude it again.

Back to Search Results

Was this information helpful?

What can we do to improve this information?

To ask a question or get help, please submit a support ticket or email us at
Knowledge Base Search

Type the words or phrases on which you would like to search, or click here to view a list of all
Knowledge Base articles